Scope of the workshop
The European project NIMTech (New Industrial Measurement Techniques) started in March 2008 with participation of five National Metrology Institutes (NMIs) from Germany (PTB), England (NPL), Italy (INRIM), Slovenia (MIRS/UM-FS) and the Czech Republic (CMI) for the purpose of developing new industrial-oriented technologies for metrology. The participating NMIs with the consultation of some high rank industries, also delivered on the following key subjects:
- an Internet Aided Software Validation (IASV) for coordinate measurement technologies
- a Mobile Multi-lateration 3D-Measurement System (M3D3) for the calibration of large components
- multi-sensor measurement techniques in coordinate metrology
- novel material and numerical standards for coordinate metrology
- measurement und calibration procedures for large and freeform measurement objects
After almost three years into the project, the PTB as the project coordinator is organising an international workhop on the 22.02.2011 as one of the key round up activity of the project. The workshop will present the outcome of the project to a wider professional audiences from manufacturing industries, measurement and accreditation laboratories, coordinate measuring machines (CMM) manufacturers, CMM-evaluation software developers, academic and research institutions.